FeaturesUniKey is a very small and easy-to-use Vietnamese keyboard for Windows.
UniKey is free and open-source. You can freely use UniKey under the terms of The GNU General Public License.
Please note: unikey.org is the only official website of UniKey. The author is not responsible for any other websites providing UniKey software.
- Many character sets/encodings:
- TCVN3 (ABC), VN Unicode, VIQR
- VNI, VPS, VISCII
- BK HCM1, BK HCM2, Vietware-X, Vietware-F.
- Unicode UTF-8, Unicode NCR Decimal/Hexadecimal - for Web editors.
- All 3 popular input methods: TELEX, VNI and VIQR.
- All Win32 platforms: Windows 9x/ME, Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1.
- UniKey is very small (~ 120 KB), does not need any additional library.
- No installation is required.
- Jan. 18, 2014: UniKey 4.2 Release Candidate 1 available:
- Fully supports Windows 8, Windows 8.1, including metro apps.
- UniKey now consists of a single executable file (EXE). No additional DLL is needed.
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available.
- Download UniKey 4.2 RC1 from here
- Aug. 28. 2009: UniKey 4.0 Release Candidate 2 available, with key improvements:
- Supports Internet Explorer in Proteced mode
- Supports both 32-bit and 64-bit applications in 64-bit Windows (Vista, Windows 7)
- 64-bit UniKey runs natively in 64-bit Windows
- Apr. 19, 2006: UniKey 4.0 Release Candidate available for download.
- Apr. 13, 2006: x-unikey 1.0.4 released.
- Dec. 28, 2005: UniKey 4.0 Beta released. This new version includes
many changes and improvements, both in Vietnamese processing engine and user interface.
All results in better Vietnamese typing experience.
- Enables smart typing and spell checks
- Allows users to define their own input method
- User interface now follows Windows XP's look and feel style
- And much more...
- Dec. 1, 2005: Update release x-unikey 1.0.3b:
Fixed some bugs that cause x-unikey to crash when macro is enabled.
- Oct. 1, 2005:
- Jan. 17, 2006: UniKey 4.0 Beta 2 released.
This release includes many bug fixes and improvements in spell-checking and auto-restoring key strokes.
- Jul. 23, 2005:
- Jul. 16, 2005: New x-unikey version 1.0 released. Completely rewritten engine enables many smart typing features.
Download x-unikey 1.0 here.
- Jul. 14, 2005: New release UniKey 3.62. Fixed some bugs. UniKey now comes with an installer.
- Jul. 25, 2004: Updated UVConverter, version 1.1.3b with support for ISC VNI-MAC used in Mac OS, thanks to Gero Herrmann
- Apr. 8, 2004: UniKey 3.6 released.
After one year of testing, development version 3.55 has become stable enough to be officially released with new version number, 3.6. This version comes with lots of bug fixes and some new features for handling macros. Get it in the Download section
- Mar. 16, 2004:UVConverter has been ported to Mac OS X by Gero Herrmann.
- Feb. 6, 2004: X-Unikey, unikey for Linux, is finally released
See Linux Page.
- Jan. 29, 2003: Bug fixes for UniKey 3.55.
UniKey 3.55 already has the highly demanded support for Rich Text Format conversion.
- Aug. 20, 2002: Released UVConverter 1.1.2
- June 20, 2001: UniKey 3.1 available with OPEN SOURCE under The GNU General Public License.