UniKey is the most popular Vietnamese keyboard for Windows. The core UniKey Vietnamese Input Method is also the engine for many Vietnamese keyboards in Linux, macOS and iOS. UniKey is free of charge. Source code for the UniKey Vietnamese Input Method is distributed under the GNU General Public License.
Please note: unikey.org is the only official website of UniKey. The author is not responsible for any other websites providing UniKey software.
- October 15, 2020:
- Released UniKey 4.3 RC5, with better support for the new Edge browser.
- July 14, 2018:
- Released UniKey 4.3 RC4, which allows typing Vietnamese in some special kinds of apps (console, game, UWP). Bug fix for Opera browser.
- July 2, 2018:
- Released UniKey 4.3 RC3 with bug fixes for Excel and browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer).
- Note: This version also fixed a serious bug in 4.3 RC2 released on July 1, 2018.
- June 23, 2018:
- Many Vietnamese character sets/encodings:
- TCVN3 (ABC), VN Unicode, VIQR
- VNI, VPS, VISCII, BK HCM1, BK HCM2, etc.
- Unicode UTF-8, Unicode NCR Decimal/Hexadecimal for Web editors.
- All 3 popular input methods: TELEX, VNI and VIQR.
- All Win32 platforms: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, 2000, XP, 9x/ME.
UniKey is very small, does not need any additional library. No installation is required.